(f)route just had another successful day at Nyerimilang Park, the old Homestead just east of Lakes Entrance.
(f)route participated in providing morning and afternoon tea at the Homestead last weekend.
Pictured is Jesse John and Nicole Kidd, the happy campers supplying homemade cakes, slices and Jesse John's delicious home made cooler drinks.
You can checkout more pics on Nicoles Instagram page here. (f)route events coming up can be found here.
Nyerimilang Homestead is an easy 15 minute drive from Lakes Entrance. A beautifully restored Homestead with plenty of walking tracks and picnic areas.
The land that is now Nyerimilang Heritage Park was first owned by Mr A Murray in 1884. He later transferred it to Frank Stuart of Melbourne who built a home as a base for fishing and shooting holidays at the Gippsland Lakes.
During the early 1920's his son Frank Jnr extended the house, developed the surrounding gardens and lived here in style, complete with housemaids and gardener.
When Frank Stuart Jnr died in 1936 his widow gave the property to the Anglican Diocese of Gippsland for use as a Boys Training Farm.
William Buckland, 'the quiet millionaire' bought Nyerimilang in the 1940's and occasionally used it as a holiday home.
After he died in 1964, the property was purchased by Jack Ramsdell who used it as a cattle stud.
Nyerimilang was purchased by the Victorian Government in 1976.
A display featuring the history of Nyerimilang and the natural resources and history of the Gippsland Lakes is located inside the homestead.
A collection of reference material for further study is available in the homestead library which is open by arrangement.